2011/11/02

Otaru Townscape Award (Otaru Summer Festival)

Hello, how are you? Yesterday, one of my Otaru friends told me that there is a beautiful monument near tourist information center in Asakusa bridge. He said, "That monument shines iridencently! You don't know?". I couldn't believe him first, but I went to the place he told me immediately. I found it! Surely there was a unique form monument having a shining part. It's located only 3 minutes walk from our tourist information, in front of Hotel VIBRANT OTARU. The thing is ...↓ I asked Ms.Takato (Tourist information staff) about the detail. Otaru city confers "Otaru Townscape Award" on scenic points, buildings and so on. This monument is one of them, "Otaru Summer Festival" received it in 1990. Lots of facilities received this award have memorial green plate same as above picture. When you stroll in Otaru city, it might be interesting to look for these plates with your strolling:)

No comments:

Post a Comment